Harvest Calendar
Horticulture Trade Analysis
Quality Control Standards
Procedures/Regulations
WTO Regime
Projects
Business Opportunities
Strategies
Downloads
Business Startup
Advertisement (New)
SPS Protocol
Useful Links
Send to a Friend
 
 
Top Stories and Events
ASAJA Murcia has concerns on the increase of citrus production from Egypt

ASAJA Murcia has some concerns on the increase of production area for citrus in Egypt. At the campaign 2006/2007 Egypt produced in an area of 134,385 hectares. This is an annual increase of 6000 to 8000 hectares. Most of this area is dedicated to Navels and Valencias (80%) and the remaining space (20%) is dedicated to tangerines and lemons/limes.

Production of Egypt in 2006/2007 was around 3,020,572 tons according to CLAM. Mr. Alfonso Galvez Caravaca, General Secretary at the ASAJA Murcia declares that `production increases fast and it is coming to the market without the same controls of domestic production. Therefore, we demand a more exhaustive control from the EU`.
Mr. Gálvez also declared that `the best way to compete against Egyptian citrus is quality. In prices, it is more difficult. We must continue being leaders in quality and food safety in our own citrus`.

According to Mr. Galvez, association among producers in order to reduce costs and collaborate in promotion campaigns are additional ways to stay competitive in international markets.

Search
Members Area
User Name 
Password 
 
Forgot Your Password?
For Free Registration
PHDEC News
News Document
Hortimag

Click to Download
PARAS FOODS (PVT) LTD.
A joint venture of PHDEC and Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.
HOTI FRESH PROCESSING (PVT) LTD.
 

Pak-Indonessia Preferential Trade Agreement

 

Untitled Document
Feedback Form | Add to Favourities | Send Page to Friend | Set As Home Page | Web Directory | Discussion Forum
Home | About Us | Site Map | Print Page | Online Registration | Contact Us
Copyright© 2003 PHDEC.com. All Rights Reserved.