Ministry of Food & Agriculture (MINFA) in collaboration with Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Board (PHDEB) are implementing the project on the Developing & Export of Medicinal Plants from Pakistan. i.e. Production of Medicinal Herbs in Collaboration with Private Sector (PMHPS). In this regard PHDEB intends to carry out comprehensive export marketing strategies of medicinal plants.
The quotations from competent consultants are required. The proposals should be submitted on the following address before 24-01-09.
Terms of Reference
Export Marketing of Medicinal Plants
The purpose of the study is to chalk down a plan for marketing herbal products in the national and global market. The scope of work will broadly cover the following:
1. Review production, areas, crop characteristics, medicinal value of medicinal plants grown in Pakistan, which include, turmeric, fenugreek, Isbagol, Garlic, Kalongi, Guar, Mint and Coriander.
2. Identify the harvesting practices, techniques and storage methods of the medicinal plants in Pakistan.
3. Develop product wise supply chain plans from farm to market clearly identifying the product processing, packing, labeling, import requirements, duties etc.
4. Ranking the herbal products (separately in fresh and value added categories) according to their importance and economic viability in terms of trade, ease of penetration in the market, and related factors for Pakistan.
5. Review the current situation of these products in Pakistan, in local markets, imports, exports, etc.
6. Identify important export markets for Pakistan with details of respective marketing channels, competitors in the market, prices, industry standards, constraints etc.
7. Identify the SPS and other trade related requirements for the medicinal plants especially for EU and US Markets.
8. To review value added products prepared from the above-mentioned products and identify their market share, major market players, importing and exporting countries.
9. Review global trade flow both export and import of the herbal products like turmeric, fenugreek, Isbagol, Garlic, Kalongi, Guar, Mint and Coriander over the last ten years.
10. Identify the mechanics of exports of these products from Pakistan with special emphasis on link creation between growers and international marketing companies.
11. Identify the promotional and related techniques for marketing of these products in national and global markets.
12. Devise complete plan for branding and high-end market penetration of these products.
13. Undertake the product wise cost analysis and indicative export prices as FOB, CIF etc.