HARIPUR COLLECTION POINT & COLD STORAGE (PVT) LTD.
Project scope A modern fruits & vegetables market including Fruit/ Vegetables Auction Platform, Fruit/Vegetable Shed, Cold Storage (1000 Tons), 50 Shops (10’x12’), Office Building, Toilet Block, Access Roads, Overhead Water Tank & allied facilities.
Location Near Haripur University, Hattar Road, Haripur
Land Area 4.8 acres contributed by Government of Kh.Pakhtunkhwa,
Source of Funding Export Development Fund (EDF)
Management Set-up A private limited company had been formed under Companies ordinance 1984 with two directors from Pakistan Horticulture Development & Export Company (PHDEC) , two from Agriculture Department, Govt. of KPK, one from TDAP and two growers/exporters.
Physical Status The construction of entire infrastructure as given in
project scope except cold storage is complete. A plot measuring over 12500 Sft has also been allocated for cold storage. Auction of (53) plots of various sizes completed. However, 50 small shops are available for sale / rent, out of which only 40 shops can be leased out to third party.
Present Scenario Construction of cold storage is pending due to shortage of funds. Otherwise, project is ready for operation after auction or sale/purchase system is installed.
Business Potential A lot of temperate fruit is produced in the upper part of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA & FANA. Its major portion flows downward for its disposal and subsequent consumption. Similarly, a number of vegetables are produced in and around the project area.
Haripur Collection Point can be used as a hub / feeding point for the main markets of fruits & vegetables in Rawalpindi, Lahore & Multan.
Current Proposal To involve a private sector entrepreneur/investor for operation of the project either with or without cold store. The following options are available for this business proposition.
- Lease of the entire facility (including / excluding 40 constructed shops) at a pre-determined monthly/quarterly rent
- Lease of the entire facility excluding land earmarked for Cold Store and 40 shops at a pre-determined monthly/quarterly rent
- Lease of land reserved for Cold Storage at pre-determined rate for establishment/operation of Cold Storage
Terms & Conditions
- The lease contract will be initially for a maximum period of twenty (20) years.
- Security deposit of at least Rs. 0.50 million to be made with the bid.
- The facility will be utilized mainly for carrying out trading & other businesses related to fruits & vegetables, however allied facilities for this business can be established.
- The lessee will be responsible for completion of left over jobs (boundary wall, gates/barriers, tiling of parking area etc.) as per their requirement. The expenses will be incurred only after consent of the company. However, these expenses can be adjusted against lease rental to be paid by the lessee to the lessor.
- The lessee will meet all the operational expenses including repairs/maintenance & security of the premises and all rent, rates & taxes applicable or levied by any authority of federal, provincial, district or city government.
- The lessee will be authorized to levy appropriate service charge to the beneficiaries (farmers/growers, processors, exporters, traders, buyers of fruits & vegetables) for the services provided to them.
- The lessee will be liable to keep all the assets in tact and will return them in the same condition as at time of take-over. Moreover, it will ensure that project assets are properly secured against all the possible risks.
- The representatives of the company will have free assess to the premises of the Collection Point and will be facilitated in carrying out inspection of assets and operations as and when desired.
- All the capital expenditures incurred during course of business by the lessee, except those mentioned above at point 4, will not be reimbursed on termination of the contract.
- The lessee shall provide a guarantee from a reputable bank/insurance company acceptable to the company to ensure performance of the contract.
- The lessee will not be allowed to sub-lease the project without written consent of lessor. Moreover, it will not be authorized to avail any loan by creating charge on assets of the project.
- The party will provide an undertaking that it has a clean track record and is not involved in litigation with the banking sector or other government institutions and will not do so in future.